The Arduino ESP32 compatible board with the RadioShuttle networking protocol offers peer-to-peer LoRa communication between 200 m to 20 km in the free 868 MHz ISM band. Operates for up to 5 years on one battery. Suitable for industrial use, and ready for Makers.
Hannover, Germany, 11 May 2018
The new Arduino ESP32 compatible ECO Power board has been released, to provide a highly efficient remote sensor and communication platform in a compact package. The new solution utilizes the “RadioShuttle” peer-to-peer LoRa wireless protocol software, which allows node-to-node communication over long distances without needing additional routers or servers. The board and software have been tuned for high energy efficiency, enabling it to run for years on a single battery. It can can be programmed for a broad range of applications and industries, making it ideal for industrial and consumer products. This turnkey product is easy for startups and hobbyists, yet is also perfect for rapid deployment by professional product developers and Makers.
The ECO Power board contains a programmable ESP32 microcontroller unit (MCU). It is Arduino ESP32 compatible, so custom programs can be developed in the standard Arduino development environment on Windows, Mac, and Linux. The board also incorporates a LoRa radio chip, to allow long range communications with sensors and other applications.
The included RadioShuttle protocol software differs from the standard LoRaWAN protocol in many ways:
- RadioShuttle is more efficient
- Enables direct node-to-node communication (no concentrator needed)
- More cost effective, and simpler to deploy
The peer-to-peer capability is a key distinction, allowing a more flexible and efficient network topology. The RadioShuttle protocol was designed for very low energy consumption and long range, and is suitable for small data rates. Data security is provided via AES encryption, with reliable message transmission between nodes. The RadioShuttle software can be operated as a server or node.
The ESP32 ECO Power with LoRa offers:
- Arduino compatible ESP32 LoRa board (72 x 45 mm)
- Battery-optimized – up to 5 years on a CR123 battery
- Ranges from 200 m to 20 km in the free 868 MHz ISM band
- Flexible antenna options (SMA, U.FL connectors or wire)
- Peer-to-Peer RadioShuttle protocol software (no concentrator needed)
- ESP32 32-bit MCU with WiFi/Bluetooth (512 kB RAM, 4 MB Flash)
- Precise clock for years (dedicated RTC)
- RadioShuttle networking software with examples (easy for beginners)
- Temperature and humidity sensor module included
The ECO Power board, including the RadioShuttle LoRa software, is now available for purchase, testing, and deployment. Here you will find the ECO Power data sheet. Go to www.radioshuttle.de for additional information, documentation, and purchase details.